- Latest Forum Topics
- Hot Forum Topics
- Nick Jr. Team Up With Houses in Motion For A ‘Warm + Fuzzy’ Stop-Motion Package
- Gnomon Announces Master Classes 2014
- Introducing Amplify Color - Industry Level Color Grading for Unity
- Rapid Rig: Modular for Maya. A new procedural rigging toolset.
- Rodeo FX Turns To iPi Motion Capture to Create Key Scene In “Now You See Me”
Portfolio, Images, and Video Back to Profile
Album: My Videos
Ice cream (Updated 10/31/2011)
In the second part we see chocolate breaking in pieces. Pieces also scatter from ice cream and reveal ice cream stuffed with chocolate.
You will see that beauty can not bu automated. Significant amount of the geometry preparation for the animation is done manually. And the project shows for example how to divide quickly and effectively the surface into the pieces of desired shape using common tools. Also an effective technique of selecting a large amount of needed components is shown
Other important topics in this project that should be considered are
baking rigid bodies dynamic simulation used for the animation of the glaze pieces;
particle instancing for the nut pieces animation;
using simple expressions to make particles dynamics more dramatic;
using mental ray subsurface scattering materials to simulate the natural look of food products;
creating sufficient amount of render layers to have overall control of the final image on the compositing stage.