- Latest Forum Topics
- New design contest - Everybody is invited!
- D3CRYPT3D 3D Encryption Software Beta. New Build. Here's how it works
- A nifty little trick that I always use when animating feet!
- WATCHMEANIMATE Episode 003: How I animate a badass flying dragon!
- Graph Editor Deleting keys: when deleting ry Maya also deletes rx and rz
- Hot Forum Topics
- Nick Jr. Team Up With Houses in Motion For A ‘Warm + Fuzzy’ Stop-Motion Package
- Gnomon Announces Master Classes 2014
- Introducing Amplify Color - Industry Level Color Grading for Unity
- Rapid Rig: Modular for Maya. A new procedural rigging toolset.
- Rodeo FX Turns To iPi Motion Capture to Create Key Scene In “Now You See Me”
Portfolio, Images, and Video Back to Profile
Album: My Videos
Bottle (Updated 10/31/2011)
The geometry of the glass objects in this project is quite complicated. Therefore, particular attention is paid to the modeling of the surfaces with correct topology.
Besides in this case we are dealing with a filled bottle. So correct normal orientation and correct indexes of refraction are essential for all the surfaces in this project. We use mental ray as renderer. So mental ray materials necessary for creating such materials as glass and colored glass are explored in this project.
The important topic of this project is creating a custom HDR environment necessary for the glass surfaces to look beautiful. And, since we have several shots in this project we need to rearrange this HDR environment for each shot.
On the compositing stage we need to correct and adjust colors of the each component of the product separately using components masks rendered along with beauty passes. Also to improve image quality drastically we use such effects as glow, glass refraction chromatic aberration, depth of field.