Cutout is a plugin for Autodesk Maya for the purpose of building real paper models out of paper from your virtual 3d models.
* Converts an arbitrary triangular mesh modeled or loaded into maya to a printable papercraft
* Papercraft is directly generated in the maya scene -- no need to export
* Handles arbitrary material (also mixed) on the mesh: textures, single colors, materials etc.
* Original mesh can be optionally deleted or kept in the scene
* Final page size of the papercraft can be limited
* The final pieces of paper can be arranged side by side, as an animation, or stacked
* The size of the lugs can be adjusted
* Undo/Redo capable
* Compatibility: Windows, Mac OSX
* This is the demo version for Autodesk Maya 2011, Windows 64 bit and Mac OSX 32bit; other versions available
Dunreeb Cutout is also available as a Mac OSX standalone App: