- Latest Forum Topics
- Hot Forum Topics
- Gnomon Announces Master Classes 2014
- Introducing Amplify Color - Industry Level Color Grading for Unity
- Rapid Rig: Modular for Maya. A new procedural rigging toolset.
- Rodeo FX Turns To iPi Motion Capture to Create Key Scene In “Now You See Me”
- Taillight TV Launches Porchlight, A Turnkey Commercial Production Company
Portfolio, Images, and Video Back to Profile
Album: My Images
The Reaper IX (Updated 08/24/2009)
Quite a mix on this one, lots of 3D, lots of manipulated photos, lots of painting. The image started as a painting to get the overall atmosphere and the ominous black figure. Then I added the 3d elements made in max and rendered with brazil such as the face, the cloth (no cloth sim used, just modeled geometry), and other robotic elements. Then I used a bunch of photos I took last year from various construction sites to plus out the model. The complex part was integrating everything together lighting wise, since many of the photographic elements had lighting that didn’t match up. Still kept it a little loose, didn’t want to overwork this one. Part 9 in the ongoing reaper series.