Welcome everyone to highend3d.com v5
. It has
been 2 years in the making. If you've noticed that we hadn't been
adding many tutorials or other features it was not because we are
heading away from that direction it was because we have been
developing. Developing a system that is far more advanced than what we
were in the past.
The new direction for the site encompasses
everything from downloads, news, events, articles, features,
interviews, reviews, fully hosted tutorials, faqs, feature requests,
galleries, ist servers, school listings, books, to our new dvd section.
every section has its own home page that will filter the latest updates
and additions for that section, relating dvds, books, news, events, and
other relevant information. Major New Features
- Fully hosted tutorial system:
upload your tutorials, both text/graphics and video tutorials directly
to our server and use our wysiwyg editor to format it live.
- Version and OS Filtering: every section now has the ability to filter by version of that software and OS, in addition to other section specific filters.
- Sorting: In addition to filtering you can sort by Editor Picks, date, title, rating, etc
- Rating and Comments: where its relevant all sections now have a rating system and comments can be added
- Create your own community:
now for tutorials and files, owners can choose to "create support
forum" which will you to create your own forum structure for that item.
You will become supermoderator and have all the features just as if you
had downloaded an installed a forum software for yourself. Only this is
plugged into your file. It can later be made unactive with just one
click if you choose to no longer deal with it.
- Gallery subsections:
gallery now lets you categorize your images into various subsections.
you can sort, filter and search the entire gallery or just subsections.
- FAQs: we have a whole new faq system which allows you find answers organized quickly.
- Tips Section:
a new tips section for tips and tricks. Those useful tidbits of
information being passed around on forums and the lists can now be
organized, filtered, sorted and search
- Feature Request Systems:
this system allows you to organize your feature requests and vote on
those features to easily communicate with the product managers as to
what features are most important to you.
- Search / Advanced Search: every section now has a search and where needed advanced search options that use regular expressions.
- Full Details for files: now each file has its own information page. use our editor to format, upload screen shots, and edit with just one click
- DVD section: so many dvd's out there now. use our dvd section to search, sort, rate, read and write reviews.
- Rebuilt List Archives: easier to read, better to search
- Rebuilt Forums: easier to read, many new features
want to track something? you can now bookmark anything on the site and
these will show up in your settings page. You can make your bookmarks
public so when other users are viewing your profile not only will they
see your submissions but they can see what you like.
- 5 levels of depth:
each section can now be organized with much greater detail such as:
Home > Maya > Downloads > Melscripts > Modeling > Curve
- Zbrush Section: we are excited to bring
you our new zbrush section and be a part of the great new zbrush
community. Now zbrush users have an organized way to share data and
information just as all of our other communities.
now you can subscribe to update lists that will send you our the latest
updates based on your preferences each week. We also have opt in lists
that allow you to receive the latest product and service information in
specific interest areas.
There are even more features. I
will soon write up a doc listing everything. We've added in thousands
of new featured and took into consideration every email and request
I've received over the past few years.
Big thanks to my programmers who helped me develop this beast and in the process expose and document over 30 browser bugs :)
Hope you guys enjoy the new site!