This simple script makes it very easy to select multiple objects that share a common string in their names using wildcards, then randomize an attribute on all of them within parameters you input. Or simply use it to make selections.
1) Place script in scripts directory, source, then run SD_randomizeAttr.
2) Select one of the objects that you want to randomize, and press "Load Selection". Edit to only the part of the name that is shared.
3) Press "Select Affected Objects" to see which objects are included. Further edit the selection string as necessary.
4) Type the name of the attribute to randomize, or select it in the channel box and press "Load from Channel Box" to enter it.
5) Enter the upper and lower random values you want to use, using the sliders or by entering numbers into the fields. Press "Randomize". A unique random value within that range will be assigned to each object.