Open on friend's computer "My Documents/maya/20xx/scripts" and put there all files of this archive!
Then you need to restart Maya, or wait for friend who sit on computer, start Maya, work 5 minutes in it AND WOOW NYAN CAT IS APPEAR :))) directly in Maya!!!
Script wait for 30 selection changes that user must do with any scene. It can be done in one minute or faster.
Funny Joke. But better if you sit nearly and watch for panic :)))
SCRIPT CAN'T BROKE any scene.
What script do:
1. Imports scene with animated Nyan Cat.
2. Play music
3. Change display settings of scene for better look and fit camera to Nyan :)
4. Change playback settings to "Play RealTime" and turn off Grid.
Nyan model is not selectable! To select it you must go in Outliner and select there imported group like nyanScene_nyan and delete it. Adjust display of viewport and all is ok now :)
Music is not able to stop, it runs nearly 30 seconds and stops automatically.
After playing 600 frames of animation script will open a link.You can set a link to birthday celebrating page or anything else :)
1. Change link:
Open scene "nyanScene.mb" in Maya.
Go to Window > Animation Editors > Expression Editor
In opened window "Expression editor" go to menu and click on "Select Filter > By expression name".
Now in "Expressions" list you can find "expression1". Select it and code of it will appear on bottom.
Now change the link on pre-last line of code.
2. Change count of selection changes that script is waiting for:
Open script "nyan.mel" and go to 4 line - you can find there "30" - change it to what you want.
3. Change scene look completely back to what it was before Nyan starting :)
Maya menu: Display > Grid
Maya menu: Window > Setting/Preferences > Preferences. Choose "Timeline". Choose needed Playback Speed.
Viewport menu: Lighting > Use all lights.
4. If your friend already has file "userSetup.mel" - just open it and add text -