This script is very easy. You want to output your buffers from your mia_material_x or mia_material_x_passes or mi_car_paint_phen_x or mi_car_paint_phen_x_passes or mi_metallic_paint_x or mi_metallic_paint_x_passes or misss_fast_shader_x or misss_fast_shader_x_passes shader ?
But the problem is :
- when you use writeToColor buffer, there is a bug and your render is multiplied by 6-7
- legacy buffers is difficult to use
- no ctrl_buffers for Maya >= 2009
Solution : use specials channels from p_megaTk shader.
You must have p_shaders pack installed.
You can donwload shaders pack here : http://www.puppet.tfdv.com/download/shaders_p_e.shtml
Now, use my script.
Here the thread on Cgtalk : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=87&t=828928&page=1&pp=15
Don't forget to create your dummy object with the "p_MegaTK_pass" shader in the geometry of your object, and check the correct "specialChannel".
Update 1.1 :
- create dummy cube in one click.
Update 1.2 :
- linear workflow supported. Add gamma gain after fileNode and "ambient", "additional_color", "back_sss_color", "base_color", "diffuse_color", "diffuse", "edge_color", "front_sss_color", "lit_color", "refl_falloff_color", "refr_falloff_color", "refr_trans_color", "flake_color", "dirt_color" slot of a material.Watch picture.
- add custom pass : custom occlusion, perfectZdeph (with detection of reflection and refraction), facingRatio
- fixing little bug
Update 1.4 :
- add new feature : renderLayer mode. When you activate this mode, you can create a pass (diffuse, spec, custom occlusion...) just on the actual renderLayer (for preview, for add customPass like perfectZdeph..) !
Update 1.5 :
- fix a bug with Maya version <= to 2008
- add news custom pass : custom blinn pass (for specular) and shadow pass ! (there isn't shadow pass for *_x shaders, no there is;) ).