This tool was done to help speed the user's workflow in Maya by allowing them to create their own set of tools with attribute controls.
1. Select and load object into the UI
2. Select attributes to create controls for
3. Create Tool or Export Script
4. Create Tool to generate a test window of what the actual tool will look like
5. Add or remove controls if needed.
6. When satisfied with the tool's contents, export script
7. Select and drag script to the shelf
*Note: created tool will work with any object of the same type of the object the tool was created with (for)
Using new created tool with multiple objects:
1. Click tool in the shelf
2. Type in the object field the name of the object in the scene you want to control
3. Click reload to load attributes for object
*Note: at any point you can change object being controlled just by changing the name in the object field and clicking reload
4. Add or remove controls as needed with the Add Controls button
In the Add Controls window:
Move attributes to and from using the 'arrow' buttons.
< to remove
> to add
*Note: left list is list of all attributes associated with the current object. right list is list of current attributes being controlled.