Servo Tools For Maya is a Python Plugin that sends rotational values over USB to the Arduino Micro Controller. These values are then converted into Pulse Width Modulation which is used to control multiple Hobby RC Servo Motors.
Applications for the plugin are only limited to your imagination. Some popular examples could be to drive complex animatronic puppetry or kinetic sculpture art installations.
Current Features Include:
- Control up to 4 Servos simultaneously. (see tutorials on how to add support for more)
- High Level GUI for building servoWrite node network.
- Ability to calibrate you servo's range and limits directly from Maya.
- Serial Connection over USB cable to hardware
- USB Cable
- At least 1 RC hobby servo
- The Scripts and Plugin available from this page
- Python (separate from the one that comes with Maya 8.5+)
Python Module for Serial Communication
- Maya 8.5 or Higher (32-bit only)
- Latest Arduino Software
Please use the Forum Tab if you have any questions about Servo Tools For Maya.