D E S C R I P T I O N:
This is an open source Maya plug-in (deformer) with full Python and C++
implementations. It is possible to create a node with the C++ plug-in and
open the maya file with the Python plug-in loaded and the other way around.
The deformer does attract mesh vertices to either: polygons, curves or nurbs-surfaces.
- Sticky area between lips
- Attract simple proxy geometry to real geometry, for lowres rig (this can
also be done with closestPoint nodes in MEL, etc. But with the deformer you
can blend in stuff like normalProjection and you can see the result interactively)
- Attract meshes for modeling
- Attract complex shape to simple shape (both rigged) for deformation in rig
- Attract along normal with limit for shrinkwrap effect
L I N K S:
- Demo video with link to latest version
- Background information on my blog
- This was written in my spare time. If you found it useful for rigging or coding, consider supporting the author: