This shader is an ambient occlusion for maya software render.
There is maya 2011 version for mac osx.
- Put "plug-ins/[maya version]/yiAmbientOcclusion.bundle" and "plug-ins/[maya version]/key.lic" into plug-ins folder.
- Put "icons/render_*.xpm" and "icons/render_*.png" into pref/icons folder.
- Put "scripts/AE*.mel" into scripts folder.
- Load the "yiAmbientOcclusion.mll" from plug-ins manager.
- You'll find the "yiAODiffuseShader", "yiAmbientOcclusionSader" under Surface, and you can also find the "yiAmbientOcclusion" under General Utilities.
How to use
- Assign this shader.
- Turn on Raytracing in Render Setting.
- Set 1 or more Reflections in Raytracing Quality when useing "add transparency".
- Color : Base color.
- Transparency : Transparency color.
- Samples : Number of sample ray. The ray is shot it becomes a square of the sampling value. (3 means 9 rays)
- Distance : Calculated distance. It becomes infinite when set to 0.
- Spread : Calculated spread.
- Receive Transparency : When turned on, the transparency is calculated. keep in mind, this mode might take some time.
- Falloff : Modulus of decay.
- yiAODiffuseShader : It's an ambient occlusion plus diffuse.
- yiAmbientOcclusionShader : It's a basic ambient occlusion shader.
- yiAmbientOcclusion : It's a utility. It can be connected to other attributes.
More details are here.
Let me konw if you have problem.