Update Texture v1.0.1- 1.0.1
- Fixed psd reload function.
- Updated instruction page.
- Added warning function if the user specified an invalid file.- 1.0.0
- Hello World!
A simple tool to auto update your file nodes in Maya using Photoshop. This tool works with tga, jpg, psd, etc.. The basic idea is to load a texture file (or multiple texture files) in Photoshop hit F12 (watch the video tutorial
) and skadoosh your texture is updated in Maya. This tool is useful for the Static, Character, Environment, Weapon, and Vehicle Team.
1. Append the code below in your C:\Users\XXX\Documents\maya\2010\scripts\userSetup.mel
string $portName = "localHost:10001";
if( !`commandPort -q $portName` )
catch( `commandPort -n $portName` );
2. Extract MayaPort.bat and MayaPort.exe in C:/
is not going to work, because it's hard-coded. **
3. Extract UpdateTexture.js and nnUpdateTexture.mel in:
4. Open Photoshop and create an action script (watch the video tutorial).
** If you guys have any questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to email me: