This little Script automates the process of setting up a sky dome to fake atmospheric lighting. It will leave you with complete control over the dome, and all it's lights' properties.Features
- Customizable Spread of lights using the 'Automatic Curve Creation' options
- Customizable Shape of dome using NURBS curves as guides
- Sets up controller to give you full overview over all relevant attributes of your dome lights
- Many little features and options to make life even easier!Setup
- Put MEL file into Maya Scripts folder
- Source the script (type: source feMakeSkyDome;)
- If that fails, try rehashing first (type: rehash;)
- To run the script, call it via feMakeSkyDome (type: feMakeSkyDome;)
If there any bugs or suggestions please let me know!
Was only able to try it on Maya2011 and Maya2010. If you know it runs smoothly with older version of Maya as well, I'd be glad to hear!