The Rig-o-matic is a MEL auto-rigging script for bipedal characters.
- FK and IK back setup
- stretchable arms, legs, and back
- FK/IK switching for arms and legs
- distibuted rotation joints for hips and/or biceps based upon Andrew Silke's Cane Toad method
- standard range of foot pivots, and adjustable heel pivot location
- automatic finger joint/control creation for four and five fingered hands
- clavicle controls
- head/neck controls
- knee/elbow pole vector controls
- no flip knee option
- pelvis, hip, upper back controls
- scalable controller objects
- automatic arm and leg mirroring
- automatic joint naming, and hierarchy/display layer organization
- Jason Osipa style eye setup
- multiple generic appendage options, to be used with tails, antennae, and other non-standard joint chains.4
- option to create shelf button to select all character controls
- option to create character set
- fully scalable rig (from super mover)
The Rig-o-matic is easy to use, and saves a lot of time in biped setup.
For more information, watch this YouTube tutorial/demo, or view the online documentation.