Open source Maya Python scripted plug-in node.
Full description in prSlideNode.py
V E R S I O N S:
2011-08-21 / 0.1.0: move/moveClosest/moveNormal/moveNormalClosest done
D E S C R I P T I O N:
Simplified version of the paper:
"Sliding Deformation: Shape Preserving Per-Vertex Displacement"
The algorithm in this plug-in is much more simple, should give similar
results, but should also be slower.
T O D O:
- (maybe) optional orientConstraint for locator
- paper algorithm
- cpp version
A T T R I B U T E S:
- position (int): vertex number, start position of handle
- radius (float): influence radius around position
- fall-off (ramp): defines the fall-off inside of radius
- displace (double3): world position of target position
- conTranslate (double3): world-space translate constraint for handle
U S A G E:
- First load the plug-in via Window->Settings->Prefs->Plug-in Manager
Then you should be able to normally apply the deformer:
(With a polygon mesh selected) execute (MEL): deformer -type "prSlideNode"