SquidNet Software's Cross-Platform Network Render Manager allows just about any distributed processing application (Maya, Blender, Lightwave, research-based, etc...) with a command-line based interface to evenly distribute job "slices", segments or frames amongst one or more network processors. These network processors, called Tipnodes, pull and process outstanding job requests from a centralized virtual queue. This virtual queue contains jobs requests that are submitted from SquidNet users via the SquidNet Management Console (SMC) which provides a GUI-based interface into the network.
SquidNet supports the following features:
- Submittal of jobs requests based on application templates (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Generic, etc...).
- Cross-Platform support (WINDOWS, LINUX).
- Region Rendering
- Platform Path Translation Manager. Issue a single path/file destination in cross-platform job requests.
- Manage remote network installations from embedded Network Installation Manager.
- Assignment of Job Priorities (0-highest, 24-lowest).
- Centralized interface that provides users advanced flexibility and management options, including the ability to tap CPU power on desktop workstations during off-peak hours.
- Support for multi-core processor systems.
- Independent views into each subsystem (job queue, work queue, tipnodes, etc...)
- Streamlined digital pipeline from one or more independent locations.
- Monitors all render nodes on a network, and includes real-time CPU, memory and network traffic views.
- Ability to specify the number of network tipnodes that a job will use.
- Automatic restart of job slices if their processing times exceed a specific time period.
- Priority Boosting --- automatically increase priority of specific jobs every N minutes.
- Selectable thread processing priorities. (Idle, Normal, High and Real-time).
- Execution Script. Process job slices within criteria of O/S dependant batch file or shell script.
- Job states: Queued, Processing, Interrupted, Suspended, Resumed, Error and Completed.
- Increase/Decrease/Change job priorities.
- Real-time log for system monitoring.
- Real-time job log.
- Real-time job slice log.
- Rendered image capabilities.
- Tipnode activation and de-activation.
- Tipnode start/stop processing.
- Email notification on specific job processing events.
- Pool Management. Assign any tipnode to one or more network pools.
- and more...