SP Effects announces Creature Concepts:A Look into Pre-Production Design.
Available exclusively at www.speffects.com
Creature Concepts:A Look into Pre-Production Design
Creature Concepts instructs you from the ground up on how to design, draw, sculpt, mold, and paint every aspect of your characters evolution. More than just a full color book, it is a bible for anyone developing characters, whether you are in film, games, or toy design. Each chapter is filled with industry proven tips, techniques, step by step tutorials and material lists.
- Follow the entire pre-production process of character design, from forming an idea, to airbrushing a molded maquette.
- Learn how to design characters, draw concept art, create orthographic schematics for 3D models, sculpt maquettes, make molds for replication, and airbrush.
- Learn all forms of character design work, from monsters to humans, to aliens and creatures.
- Go beyond concept art and fully explore the pre-production process, including sculpting liknesses.
- Mold making techniques take maquette making beyond sculpting, teaching otherwise hard to learn knowledge.
- Discover airbrush painting and step by step operation of an airbrush.
- All process and techniques demonstrated with detailed step by step photographs, follow along tutorials, and material lists.
About the Author
Christopher Green currently works as a CG modeler and texture map artist in Chicago, Illinois. His sculpture work can be scene at MGM Studios, FL, Universal Studios FL, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raymond-James Stadium. Chris also has extensive experience sculpting maquettes for action figure designs